Finally… my summer has officially begun. There is nothing more relaxing then lounging by the pool with an ice cold lemonade, new magazines to flip through, and some good music. All three of these things are key. Below are some great drink recipes, good reads, and fun tunes to make summer perfect!
Drink Ideas: (non-alcoholic)
1. Combine cantaloupe, watermelon, or honeydew puree with ice and sparkling water for easy-sipping.
2. Make Sparkling Peach Punch by combining peach nectar, fresh peach slices, lemon juice, and ginger ale.
3. Mash lemons and water to make lemonade. Then add sweet raspberries and blackberries to traditional your lemonade for a fruity-twist.
4. Fresh grape soda can be made by straining fresh grapes and combining with seltzer. Add honey for a sweeter touch.
5. Make a Blueberry Fizz by adding lemon, lime, ginger, and (of course) blueberries to ginger ale. Let the drink sit over-night for a blended taste.
1. The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
2. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
4. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
5. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
(note: books were chosen by overall popularity based on reviews from various websites)
Great Tunes: songs to hum along with, nod your head to, and make you smile.
1. Heartbreaker – Alabama Shakes
2. I Love It – Icona Pop
3. I’m Shakin’ – Jack White
4. Oblivion – Grimes
5. 1957 – Milo Greene
6. Krokidil – St. Vincent
7. Ho Hey – The Lumineers
8. Workaholic- Alesso