1. The Electric Zoo Festival: Located on Randalls Island this 3 day techno music festival will transform the island into a beat and bass heaven. With 50+ DJs playing, including headliners Skrillex, David Guetta, A-Trak, Steve Aoki, and Tiesto (just to name a few) the festival is a techno-lovers paradise!
2. Pig Island on Governors Island: For all the meat-lovers out there that want to get in one last BBQ meal before summer is over, this event is certainly for you. 25 chefs are cooking for the festival so make sure you are ready to pig out!
3. The Barneys Warehouse Sale: Hurry in to the Barneys Annual Warehouse Sale this Labor Day weekend. With discounts up to 75% off, it’ll be worth waiting in line.
4. Rock The Bells Festival: This hip-hop and rap music festival (originally from California) comes to NYC this year drawing all types of people. With Ice Cube, Nas, and DMX all performing, this festival draws a large mix of new-timers and old time rap fans just in it for some good funky music.
5. The Bargemusic Here and Now Festival: If you’re in a mellow mood and just want to chill with a glass of wine while admiring the breathtaking views of manhattan, all while listening to classical tunes, then this 4 day festival is for you!