If you have an iPhone, then you are probably well aware by now that Apple updated its long-standing phone’s design this past week. The company’s original design had been only slightly altered since it’s 2007 debut. Although many people feel very hesitant towards the update, others think that the change is a step in the right direction.
I, myself, am an iPhone user and updated my iPhone 5 to the iOS 7 on Thursday afternoon along with half of America. Check out my list of pros and cons below before you make the switch!
old iPhone design on left, new iOS 7 on the right
- The design is more vibrant and 3D
- The new “air drop” and notifications center panel are super accessible
- It is easy to exit out of apps and delete mail, texts, etc.
- The new presentation of the music library is pretty awesome
- iPhone radio!
- The camera has a panorama, square, normal, and video button, which can be reached by just a swipe across the screen. It also comes with a bunch of cool filters.
- Only 2 hours after I downloaded the new software, it froze my phone!
- It makes the phone move incredibly slow
- A glitch has been discovered… by pressing a few buttons, you can enter people’s locked phones without entering their pass code
- When making a call, the phone automatically assumes it is a Facetime unless you press a small button on the left side of the screen
- The screen is very bright
So, I hope that my list of pros and cons is helpful to someone on the edge about making the switch. If I were you, I’d wait a little for all the glitches to be solved (ex. phone crashing). Leave your thoughts in the comments.