Winter is my absolute favorite season of all! I love the way that the city looks during the Holidays; All of the lit up Christmas trees on Park Avenue, the giant star that hangs over 5th, and the Rockefeller Center tree is what makes this city so magical.
I don’t have school for the next two weeks and I can’t wait to explore the streets, eat new food, and just try new things!
I’ve already done quite a lot this month, so I’ve decided to put together a short (but sweet) list of some of the many reasons this city is the best during the holidays.
– These two dinosaur Christmas trees are perched outside of the Museum of Natural history.
– This black and white film photo booth in the bathroom at the Smith restaurant seems 100x cuter when the weather is cold.
– Starbucks’ snowman cookies!
– The Z100/ iheartradio Jingle Ball at Madison Square Garden
– The Boat Pond in Central Park freezes over. Many kids and adults venture onto the ice.
– This awesome room by Yayoi Kusama opened up at the David Zwirner gallery in Chelsea.
– Christmas wreath cookies! Combine frosted flakes, butter and marshmallows. Prepare like rice krispie treats. Add Red Hots on top.
– Sunsets over the Reservoir are simply magnificent.
– The latte art at Maialino is better appreciated on cold winter nights.
And of course winter dressing is the best. Here are a few of my favorite accessories for the cold.
This jacket is warm, comfortable and has a great fur hood. What more could you ask for?
I just got a pair of these and they are my new go-to boots. They give off a Chanel-y vibe.
Wear these thick socks with the Dr. Martens and you’re good to go!
Mittens are just awesome. It doesn’t matter how old you are. They are great.
Hat: Brian Lichtenberg
I love the round frame.
This matté polish makes for a great top coat and is both elegant and edgy.