The Oscars are this Sunday, March 2nd at 7pm and for the first time ever you can stream them live on your computer! Ellen DeGeneres is hosting, who promises to put on a funny, light-hearted, energetic show, so there is absolutely no excuse why you shouldn’t be watching.
Whether you’re going to a friend’s house, or throwing a little get-together of your own, I’ve compiled a list of some must-have items that are key for any Oscar party!
- Balloons and candles. Decorate the house a little; It is Hollywood’s biggest night.
- Champagne. Treat yourself and your guests to some bubbly, It lifts tension.
- 2014 Oscar Ballot. It is nice to have a pile of ballots printed out and a few pens by the couch so that when people arrive, they’re encouraged to place their bets on the winners right away.
- Prize Jar. As an additional incentive, a Prize Jar is a great way to encourage some friendly rivalry for those who wish to place bets on the winners. People can play for money or fun gift cards!
- Popcorn & Movie Snacks. No TV-watching activity would be complete without candy. Movie theatre snacks are a must for Oscar parties!
I watch the Oscars for two reasons. 1. I love seeing what people wear on the Red Carpet and 2. Like the Grammy’s, I can relate to this awards show, because I have seen so many of the movies. This year’s best picture nominees are all really amazing movies. Probably my favorite from the list would be American Hustle. What’s yours? Let me know in the comments section!
Best Picture Nominees:
- American Hustle
- Captain Phillips
- Dallas Buyers Club
- 12 Years a Slave